Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 2 December 2008

Cards for Granddaughters




A couple of weeks ago I had my eldest granddaughter Ellie for the day as she was off sick from school. Naturally we were crafting. She wanted to use the cat in the window peel-off, but as she was only messing about I was loathe to let her use it. However, we came to a compromise and I said I would put it on her Christmas card!

So to keep my promise I came up with the idea of using an image from the Joanna Sheen Pam West CD and use that as the background for the window. with a bit of tricky cutting out I made curtains from some sparkly pink/green paper and then mounted the whole lot on the image from the CD. Using peel-off pens I coloured the cat black, as that is the colour of her cat. The finished window was then mounted on some more backing paper from the Pam West cd - belonging to another Christmas cats image on the cd. I will post pictures with that image tomorrow. I then finished the card with some peel-offs her name and a floradoodle. Ellie is a true crafter and knows what parting with a floradoodle means!

To keep the theme going I then made a card for Beatrice in a similar fashion, using another window peel-off from the same sheet, and used the same technique and image for the window. Father Christmas was coloured with sakura pens and some stickles for his beard. Finished in similar way to Ellie's but with a different teddy peel-off. Again a flora doodle - as even at the age of two she loves these!

Ellie hasn't seen her card yet, but Bea has received hers and she loved it and talked me all through it, and I can report that she stroked her flora doodle - another crafter in the making!

No comments: