Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 7 February 2009

SIL's card

Last month I posted some pictures of cards my granddaughter and I had done for the January Challenge on the JS Forum.

I had nobody in mind when I made that card - it was just an experiment and for the challenge. However it was my SIL's birthday this week, and as I liked the image so much on that card, I actually took the topper off the card (as the main card was embossed, and I hadn't used to much glue it came off quite easily.) I layered it up some more, re-painted parts of the image and put it back on, added, ribbon, peel-offs and a greeting and did a personalised insert. I was quite pleased with the finished result.


This was the original card for the challenge - think you will agree the one above has turned it into something else entirely.




2 comments:

Beryl K said...

It's a great card Mags, I think I prefer the second version, although they are both lovely
Beryl x

Jacqui said...

They are both beautiful cards. That image is gorgeous. But I think the Birthday card is superb, lovely colours. I would be pleased to receive a card like that.
Jacqui xx (Calexico)