Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 4 March 2009

My First Messy Rabbit!




My new CDs arrived today - Joanna Sheen's Messy Rabbit. After quite some time browsing, I decided to print off a page from CD2 - one of the decoupage pages, as I was making a New Home card. I also printed off a sheet of one of the "Stripes" backing papers from the same CD.





I then chose one of the inter-active sentiment boxes, and realise that "Messy" was same image as in the picture! Rather than print my message using the interactive facility, because I wanted coloured writing, I did a snapshot and copied it to paintshoppro and then saved it as a jpeg. I then imported the image into publisher and created a clear text box, and did my message in green. (This may seem a long-winded way to do it - but for some reason if I import an image from adobe into publisher - although it is on the screen it won't print! So this is my way of overcoming the problem.)





I used cream hammered card (yes I know it looks pink but it is ivory/cream - why do scans always make the colours look funny?), added some papermania fabric flowers from my stash, using my new card candy embellishments for the centres (see previous post).




The topper is decoupaged with a mixture of pinflair glue and small foam pads.




I used the same image on the insert, and put another "Messy" from decoupage page on the back.



The card is for my new tenant and her baby daughter. (what a nice Landlord am I ! grin!)


I am quite pleased with it as I am not great at decoupage!

2 comments:

Beryl K said...

That's brilliant Mags, perfect for a new home. Your new tenant will love it
Beryl x

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Mags,love your card,people it is for will love it to.
Luv Maureen x