Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 30 May 2009

A fishy card!


When it comes to men's cards my mind tends to go blank. I decided to browse some of my Joanna Sheen cds to find a suitable image. My immediate thoughts went to the Jane Netley Mayhew cd as there are some nice wildlife images on it.

I came across this one, and I like the simplicity of it. (As most of you know I only do simple!) I also used one of the backing papers that went with the image. Originally I was going to cut the blue paper in a circle to match the image, but catastrophe - the blade seems to have disappeared from my circle cutter - heaven knows how - so that will be a new purchase. My husband said it looks quite nice on the square - just as well, as I didn't have a lot of choice! To make it a little different I cut the blue paper with the wiggly cutter.

The fish were decoupaged, and glazed. I also added a few drops of glaze as bubbles, and although you can't see them on the photo a few little bubbles with a sakura pen. Finished off with a sentiment from my Daisy & Dandelion stash, which was just the right colour and of course matching card candy buttons.

No comments: