Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Card for great nephew


Boys cards are so difficult - particularly when their only interest seems to be football! Sorry the picture isn't brilliant!

Cut the shorts from navy card stock using the Booty and Boobs template, and mounted on cream cardstock which actually has lines scored on it (although they don't show that much). Had originally planned to do shorts (i.e. folded card) with a hidden message underneath, but changed my mind. Have made the shorts before just as a card, but it is a nightmare trying to do an insert for them - so much easier to mount them onto a card!

My granddaughter drew the numbers from a stencil and cut them out from red corrugated card, learning how turn the templates the wrong way round on the reverse so that the numbers weren't backwards (yes been, there done that, after producing a number for a card some time ago on cuttlebugged card - to find the number was the wrong way round! )


I also had the footballer boy decoupage in my stash, that I really needed to use up, before the boys in the family got too old! Used transparent 3D dots for the decoupage - they are brilliant, and if you have a narrow bit to adhere, you can roll them in your fingers to the shape you want!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Great Card Mags. I have left you an award on my blog. Hugs Rita xxx

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Mags,your card is so lovely,love colours...
Mags,I have award waiting for you on my blog...
Luv Maureen x

Beryl K said...

What a clever idea Mags, brilliant for a football mad boy. Thank your for your comments
Beryl x