Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 25 February 2010

Work in progress - Christening Cake

Just thought I would tempt you all with a sneak preview of what I am doing for Connie's Christening Cake.  These are the shoes for the top of the cake (made from sugar).   I thought I would never get to the end of making the little flowers!




Right now to get on and make another 40 flowers (plus spares) for the side of the cake.  I have also got another couple of coats of royal icing to put on the cake, and then the board to ice, and I can start decorating the sides.

I have also got to make some flowers for the sponge cake - so watch this space - work in progress!

3 comments:

Anne said...

This looks stunning even as it is. Looking forward to seeing the finished article. Lots of work and time. Hugs xx

Beryl K said...

Oh Mags, these are just gorgeous you must have so much patience. Can't wait to see the completed cake
Beryl x

kathleen said...

Mags the cake is absolutely beautiful.
kathleen x