Going Green Blog Background

Friday 11 February 2011

Cake & Card for a 9 year old!


The request from my eldest granddaughter was for a cake with a ten-pin with a cowboy hat on it, to match her birthday invites, and to reflect the fact that she and her friends are going ten-pin bowling and then for a meal at the local Smith and Western restaurant!   I confess the ten-pin was harder to model than I first thought it would be - still as my Dad would have said "A blind man would be pleased to see it!"   As she is also a ballet dancer I added an extra element!  It also compliments the Birthday Card I made for her.   (Shame the word "Birthday" is a bit wonky, didn't show up until I took the photo! - obviously the old eyesight isn't what it used to be - mind you it is very difficult piping on a sponge cake, as you can't rest your hand on the edge of the cake to steady it - so everything is piped very much free-hand in the air - and I had to do that twice as the pink colour is over-piped over white to raise it up!)



  another view showing the hearts around the side edge - as her birthday is Valentine's Day



and this is the card I made using backing papers and a bear from Forever Friends.  The Bear and the skittles and the cowboy hat were all decoupaged.  (note:  I too the liberty of putting the cowboy hat on the bear rather than the skittle!)  I have overwritten the wording I created on the skittle in MCS with a little clear sakura glitter pen.  I have also glitted the bands on the skittles and added a little to the bear (I think if you click on the picture you can just about see it!)

3 comments:

Beryl K said...

Beautiful cake and card Mags, I am sure she will be thrilled
Beryl x

Jan said...

Great card & cake xx Jan

Sass said...

Yum Yum!! Where's my cake lol

Gorgeous as always
xxx