Well it has been a day of problems with the internet today - think BT are mucking about with the phone lines! So having had another fix of Sheena's DVD and getting eldest granddaughter hooked - I decided to abandon cyberspace, and try my hand at some paint fusion! Only ONE big problem - don't have any paints, and only bristle brushes! and I was itching to have a go!
Anyway undaunted I decided to have a bash at practising with icing as I had a tub of it mixed up and going to waste! Was a bit diffiicult to gauge what consistency I needed the icing.
I covered a board with ivory regal ice and then pressed the daisy stamps lightly to get a rough outline. I didn't want to make the first blue coat too dark, but think I could have been a bit bolder adding the colour - but hey ho this was a first practise. If I did it with icing again - think I would coat the board first with Royal icing rather than sugarpaste and then with my food colour pens stamp the image - although as this would never be eaten - could use ordinary inkpad I suppose.
So here are a couple of views of my first attempt (different lighting!) - bit "el crappo", and the leaves need a lot more practise and alteration of the consistency, and I also did them free-hand!
No doubt about it - got to order some proper paints and get the synthetic brushes!