"Nanny I want to make a Witches Hat!" was the request when middle granddaughter and her sister came to visit this afternoon! Well I made one out of copy paper and it was rubbish - then had a brain wave - thinking out of the box with paint fusion! - sheet of newspaper, made into a large cone and painted with black acrylic paint mixed with some watered down pva glue. (I got that messy job - thank goodness for the wipe clean craft sheet). This was put into the greenhouse for about 10 minutes to dry in the sun. It stiffened it up beautifully - a bit like papier-mache! Youngest granddaughter's hat was a bit simpler to make - just a couple of sheets of A4 taped together (although will confess couldn't remember how to make one at first so had to google it!)
They then raided my craft stash to decorate them! (Ribbons, jewels, flowers, butterflies - including some of my best butterflies! )So apart from my painting the finished products are all their own work.
The finished hats
Front to the witches hat
Back of the witches hat