Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 3 April 2011

A Lovely Weekend and Paint Fusion!

I have had a lovely weekend - on Saturday we went to bbq and tea to celebrate my youngest granddaughter's 2nd Birthday, which is today.   This morning all the family went out for another mini Birthday Celebration and Mothering Sunday treat for Brunch at Wiston Tearooms, a lovely little place with ducks and animals, etc for the children to feed, and a small craft shop too (yes I did have a spend some housemouse wooden stamps at half price and some punches at half price too!).   I received a JS voucher from my daughter, and a charm from my son for my Pandora bracelet, and a studio photo of the three granddaughters from them both!

My son and family then went off to late lunch to celebrate his daughter's birthday with grandma and family, and then apparently were going on the canal for a cream tea!  However, I had the pleasure of my eldest granddaughter (aged 9) for the aftenoon and we got messy playing Paint Fusion!  so perfick sort of day really.



more piccies of the mini IgglePiggle & Upsy Daisy Cakes on the family heirloom!


The birthday girl blowing out the candle on the Peppa Pig cake her mum made for her



and now for the Paint Fusion Playing:



 Granddaughters first attemp at crackle finish



Her first attempt at Paint Fusion on two colour paint background



She then decided to do some freehand painting!



and then she decided to do the Butterfly - but she just painted the outline normally - and not with two colours on the brush, then overstamped it with one of the Wow embossing powders- clear silver highlight.  Also on two colours background.

and here are my efforts! (don't laugh)!


crackle background and the butterfly overstamped with Nice Ice Blue  WOW embossing glitter - erm yes perhaps Butterflies are not my forte!


Seems I am a leaves a flower painter!  This one was better - centres overstamped and embossed with clear gold highlight  WOW powder.

1 comment:

Sass said...

That rotten little cyber neice!! she is just too darned clever by half! Lovely work Els.

Nanny's work isn't too bad either lol

By the way, I've just treated myself for Mothers Day...... well, no-one else was going to!!