As it was such a gorgeous day - I sat outside this afternoon and prepared 3 wooden discs with crackle finish.
I then decided to attempt some poppies for the first time!
First attempt - red poppies on a crackle background of blue with green and ivory mix of paint over the top. I wasn't too happy with the finish of the poppies, so having got a better result with the blue ones, went back to this and did a little bit of high-lighting to give the flowers more definition - definitely an improvement on the original painting. Maybe we will make a painter of me yet!
2nd attempt - decided to do some blue poppies (which I secretly love - have tried to grow them. but without success, although my red ones do very well and I do love them as well). Background on this one again crackled, but with ivory with a dash of red mix over blue.
I was more confident painting this one. I used two shades of blue and white. I really must treat myself to the proper paints - although I am getting better at mixing enough of the colours to do a whole project.
I am quite chuffed with the result really - especially this blue one, as I have always wanted to paint, but never been any good - just need some practise with placing the leaves now!