Going Green Blog Background

Monday 23 May 2011

Card for a Granddaughter

Gosh I have been so busy decorating lately and it is still ongoing, but I had to have a break today and make some cards.   Here is the first one:

When I asked my granddaughter what she wanted on her cake for this birthday - she replied "Three Musketeers" - fine I thought - Google for some inspiration.  The other day I sat and prepared the idea for a card, using the Disney Three Musketeers, and was really quite pleased with the ideas I came up with for a cake and a card.  HOWEVER .... last night I discovered that she wanted Barbie Three Musketeers !!!!!  Oh heck! mega rethink - and googling wasn't a lot of help.  I eventually found an image of Princess Corrinne, and with my lateral thinking head on - grabbed my Debbi Moore Masks cd.   This is the result:


Card is Papermania Shimmer Textured cardstock, with some of the same in a different shade for the matting and layering of the main image which I produced in Publisher.  Princess Corrine is decoupaged, and the flowers use the same main colour cardstock, cutout with cuttlebug and a Marianne die.  Gems added to flowers and Princess Corrine's dress, which  has also had glitter added.


The insert was a backing paper from JS Enchanted Dreams, and I made a pop-up mask from Debbi Moore's Venetian Masks, printed on to the same cardstock as main card, and added a few gems and glitter.  (The mask idea came from reading up about Barbie Musketeers and the fact her and her pals wore masks).  Hopefully it looks a bit like the mask that Princess Corrinne is wearing in the image on the front of the card - she is wearing it like a tiara in that image!)

Hopefully a 5 year old will love it.   Now to set to work on the cake ......... (watch this space, later this week)

1 comment:

Beryl K said...

A beautiful card Mags, your grand-daughter will be thrilled with this
Beryl x