Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 6 July 2011

70th birthday


I kept this card fairly simple as it has to be posted to the south of France.  Basic Card is from Craftwork cards, and is actually white!  (blame the reflection from the blue sky for causing it to look blue!) 

The centre panel is also from Craftwork cards, and I distressed it with one of the inks from my Big and Juicy Mountain Meadow ink pad.  Confess I am not that good at the grungy look of distressing!  Card was finished off with my favourite Marianne Die, a little gem, and a peel-off.

It has made me feel old making this - it is 50 years since the recipient and I shared a bedroom, when she became part of our family whilst doing her teaching practise in England, although it brings back happy memories.  I hope my "french" sister likes it, I think she will she likes the minimalistic look.  I would love to have nipped over and handed it to her personally, as it is a few years since I have seen her, although my daughter and family have visited her recently.

1 comment:

Beryl K said...

Iam sure she will love it Mags, it's beautiful
Berylx