Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 30 July 2011

Playing with beads

Spent my birthday quietly in the garden yesterday with my pal Sassie doing some crafting.   We had a lovely day.   Sass was working a cross stitch sampler she is making for a wedding, but we also did some paint fusion and I taught her how to do Steph's roses.

I played with some beads:


Keyring trying out the ladder technique


A little christmas tree decoration with painted beads and button, a bit of felt and tinsel.


I also tried painting my plain beads - as you can see two-tone ones done with pearlescent acrylic and also some purple ones.  Made this into a key charm for Sassie and using my Crafty Crocs acrylic pens, wrote her name on the plain wooden beads.

One of my presents (from my daughter) was a necklace kit with a sort of french knitting machine - so watch this space for the end result using that.    I was hoping for a beading loom - but my husband is going to get that for me as he hadn't bought me anything.    (if I had known would have ordered it last weekend when it was free p&p from Beaders Companion - duh!)

right must got and sort myself out - we are off to favourite Chinese Restaurant again this week - this time Sassie's treat!

1 comment:

Beryl K said...

Lovely beading Mags, sounds like you and Sass are having a great time.
Beryl x