Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 16 July 2011

Sympathy Card

I didn't expect to be making one of these today to send to a pal.  Had one of those "out of the blue" phonecalls today from her daughter to tell me her Dad had died.  He was only 64.  The family have been friends since my pal and I were at ante-natal classes together.  Our children all went to school together.  I just can't believe it.  I knew he had been in and out of hospital earlier this year, and although he looked a tad frail when we saw him back in April as he had just come out of hospital and was in the surgery getting a dressing done, he seemed to be on the road to recovery, and was quite cheerful and upbeat.


Cream scalloped card from Craftwork Cards.  Stamped image (I think a Docrafts stamp), stamped with black memento.  I originally was using my koi brush and keeping it monochrome, but then decided to add just a little colour with my aquamarkers.  Image then cut out with cuttlebug and layered on to black card.  Small scalloped pieces also cut with cuttlebug from burgundy card.  I might add a burgundy edge to the cardstock with the appropriate coloured promarker or I might leave it as it is - can't decide - to difficult to make a decision at this minute.

1 comment:

Beryl K said...

Just perfect for the occasion Mags
Beryl x