Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Black and Silver Ribbon Necklace

I have been working on a special project - a black and silver necklace


This is the necklace with a black bead



This is with the silver bead option.  I didn't have a silver bead, so painted a white one with my acrylic paints and varnished it with a metallic glaze.



Large bead option

I really wanted a larger bead, and they are impossible to find - well ones with big enough holes to go over the ribbon - so I made this one from Cloud Clay, painted with black acrylic, and varnished.  It takes a while as you have to let the clay dry for 24 hours.  Fortunately the painting takes less drying time.



and finally I made a box for it.  Decorated with same ribbon as the necklace, and using my favourite dies, I cut out the flower and leaves from some black and silver marbled card I created a few weeks ago.

Hope the recipient likes it.

Mags

1 comment:

Beryl K said...

Beautiful work Mags, love your box
Beryl x