Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 13 August 2011

Experimenting!

Whilst glued to C&C watching Paul, Sheena & Joanna today, I thought I would utilise the time, and try out a new stamp I bought a few weeks ago, and in the process make a start on a couple of Christmas cards toppers.



The first one is coloured in with promarkers, and the second one is water-coloured with Sepia and Mocha Aquamarkers. It was a bit of an experiment, which didn't quite work - should have stamped it in brown like the first one, and used watercolour card. However, I will not give up on the idea - will do it on proper paper next time rather than card, and I may not abandon this - will see what it looks like when mounted on appropriate coloured cardstock. It does look better in real life than in the photo, and I may "tweak" it a bit - as I was interrupted in the midst of painting it by my son and family arriving for an impromptu bbq which my son cooked. Just as well they did - because my son discovered a leak in the gas pipe on the bbq! Fortunately I had a spare pipe for it - so he duly fixed it for me. Again fortunately I hadn't used the bbq this year!  So he cooked, and my DIL and I prepared the salads, coleslaw and tatties!   They brought most of the ingredietns with them, and I supplemented it with some bits I had.





The experiment that didn't quite work!


Our impromptu bbq!



Mags

No comments: