Going Green Blog Background

Friday 21 October 2011

Chain Maille Flower

Chain Maille Flower

I saw these little flowers on the Purple Moon Beads stand at Sandown last week, and fell in love with them.  I bought some bits to make them, but couldn't quite get it right, and I had forgotten to take a photo.   

I emailed them and asked if they had a photo they could send me or if they could put one up on the website.   Geoff told me that they actually did some kits, (I hadn't seen those or would have bought them at Sandown - duh!) and that they would be at Farnham in November.  I couldn't wait until Nov, so asked if I could buy a kit by mail.   Geoff turned up trumps and put the kits on the website!  I ordered them late Wed evening and they arrived this morning - brilliant service!

So voila, having done a bit of painting in the kitchen this morning, after lunch I sat and made this - didn't take that long, and was very easy with the instructions!  My kit will make three of these, but I also have a packet of red petals that I bought at Sandown.   They do loads of colours. If anybody wants to make them go to Purple Moon Beads website, and click on Tools and Accessories and then Kits.

Thanks for dropping by.

Mags

2 comments:

Beryl K said...

This is lovely Mags
Beryl x

Hazel said...

It's beautiful, Mags. Might have to check them out. Aagh, more money! Hazel x