Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Template for A4 side spring card

I thought I would add a quick guide to making my A4 size side-spring card.    You can find the original tutorial on splitcoaststampers, but I made a bigger card than the one shown in their tutorial.  Here is a link to the original tutorial, which has a video to help:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/sidespringcard/.  So this is basically just showing you the measurements I used.


Template for A4 side spring card (not to size)


1.    Start with an A4 piece of card.  Trim the short side to 8" as indicated by the blue line.  (just makes it easier for measuring!)

2.    Next score down the length of the card at 4" - as indicated by red line.  (mountain fold)

3.    Turn the card and score at 4 and 5.1/2" along the long side - as indicated by the yellow lines. (valley folds).

4.    I then tend to flip the card and then score again on the reversed side so it is easy to do the folds.

5.    Fold the card along centre line so that is in half lengthwise and then score the two lines indicated by the turquoise lines, turn card over and go over the scoring.  (You will find by doing this you can position the card on your score board and see where to score.

6.     Go over the scored lines with your bonefolder etc to make the creases.   The red and turquoise lines are mountain fold, and the yellow lines are valley fold.   Gently fold the card, and you should now have the finished shape ready to decorate.   (I tend not to decorate the inside, but add an insert.

The finished card will fit in a C5 envelope.

Hope this helps - once you have done the first one, and got the feel of the fold it is easy peasy.  I have made the smaller size as per the original tutorial - see my little side spring Thank you card (which fits in a C6 envelope), but much prefer this size.

Mags

ps let me know if this helped and you managed to do the fold.

3 comments:

Beryl K said...

Thanks for this Mags, may give it a whirl
Beryl x

Foxycrafts said...

This looks really easy to follow, Mags. I'll have a go at this one tonight. Thank you - it is much appreciated.

Love Joan xx

Rita said...

Thank-You so much Mags. It worked first time and I'm loving too. Going to finish it to-day. Hugs Rita xxxx