Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 22 January 2012

Wire Mesh Ribbon and Bead Necklace




My daughter and I went to Sandown yesterday to the Stitch & Creative Crafts Show.   We had a great day, meeting up with some crafting friends, as well as catching up with some of our Demonstrator friends.

One of the things  on my list to buy was the kit to make the above necklace from RibbonBox.   I bought some of the elements last year, but decided I really needed a kit with instructions and the clasp findings to make my first one.   So had a play last night and this is the result.

I am not sure how well you can see it, but the large beads are encapsulated in the mesh ribbon, with the silver rondels being on the outside of the ribbon.  The most difficult bit is to hide the holes of the beads (they should be hidden by the silver spacers), and I still have to do a bit of tweaking to a couple that managed to move!

The mesh ribbon is a fantastic product, and you can do so much with it.  Make flower/butterfly embelishments for cards, ribbon brooches.   The secret is to have a play, and if you don't like it just pull it all back into shape!

We spent a fortune - well I did - but having said that I did buy about 4 family birthday presents whilst we were there, so I didn't spend THAT much on me!  I didn't spend too much on beading stuff, but I did treat myself to some of the new tonic punches - WOW - they are brill - absolutely love the two I bought that cut strips of "punched ribbon".  I also treated myself to some sizzix dies.  Shall hopefully create something with those to share with you in near future.

My daughter also bought the where-with-all to do some fusioning of material into toppers, pictures etc using a soldering iron - absolutely fascinating - can't wait to have a try at that when I next visit!  (Have already told IM-indoors I need a soldering iron!)

Mags

ps Yesterday I wore the long silver necklace I made earlier this week to Sandown, and I had so many compliments about it (even from some of the stall-holders); so that really made my day!


1 comment:

Beryl K said...

Another gorgeous piece of jewelry Mags, not surprised you received lovely comments about your silver necklace that one was stunning too
Beryl x