Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Shamballa Bracelet

Pink Shamballa

At last I have got around to making a Shamballa bracelet - been meaning to try for ages.  I even bought some beads at Sandown last month!  Of course this actually meant that I learned to do macramé for the first time too.

Am quite pleased with my first attempt.   Shall now look out for some of the beads with a groove in them to take the cord.   I also want some smaller beads to make some less chunkier ones.   Hope there are some on sale at Farnborough in a couple of weeks - if not shall have to wait until Sandown at end of March.

If anybody wants to have a go - here are a couple of links:

http://www.spoiltrottenbeads.co.uk/make-a-shamballa-style-bead-bracelet-845-c.asp

and for visual learning of the knots. (this video used 4 strands, but the bracelet just has the one central strand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBHnJhcwfQo

Mags

1 comment:

Beryl K said...

This is lovely Mags, my eldest is making these at the moment
Beryl x