Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 7 April 2012

Easter cupcakes



I felt in the mood to do some baking on Friday evening, and this morning I decorated these cupcakes.

I am not really "into" cupcakes, but thought I had better start making the effort and follow the trend.  So there are 18 normal size fairy cakes and 24 mini ones.  All lemon flavour - some of the larger ones have lemon curd in the middle of them.  Because my son has become dairy intollerant, they are all dairy free (apart from the chocolate eggs - he will just have to take those off!  The "buttercream" as well as being coloured yellow like  the sugarpaste, is flavoured with lemon oil too.

And here are some close-up photos - I will confess I am a little out of practise.


One of each sort

Piped buttercream daffodil






Mags


1 comment:

Carolyn said...

They look amazing and I bet they tasted good too. All gone by now I should think! I make a doz cupcakes each week for the Day Centre so am interested in everything cupcake right now :) I'm a novice at cake decoration but am enjoying learning :)