Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 1 April 2012

Fushia Pink Necklace


I had a lovely afternoon yesterday.  Went to the Big Bead Show at Sandown Park.  We didn't go until late as youngest granddaughter had tap, ballet and street dance lessons that she had to attend as she was doing her exams in all three today!  We then had a slight diversion on the way there due to an accident.  Still probably just as well we only had two and half hours there at the rate I was spending an buying stash! !!!!!!  my daughter and granddaughter had quite a spend too! 

Well I couldn't just sit and stroke my stash forever last night - so made this necklace, and have been out shopping wearing it today.  I will match a summer dress I bought last week, although I was wearing with a white jumper today!  

I love long necklaces and really like this design.  It is actually incredibly easy as the beads are interlocking to give the twisted effect!   They are also incredibly light in weight, which means that although it is a "thick" necklace it is not to heavy to wear.  The big beads are sort of two layered and faceted and really catch the light.

I am going to make a blue and silver one, and also help my granddaughter as she bought some of the big beads too to go with some similar beads she already had in her stash, although she watched the stallholder demonstrate how to make it with me, so she reckons she will manage ok.  I really love the fact that we all enjoy the same hobbies.

Thanks for popping by.  Hopefully I will get round to playing with the rest of my stash soon!

Mags

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous pink its lovely. How nice to spend time with your grandchildren looks like you had a fab time Hugs Elaine

Jenz Bitz 'n' Bobs said...

Hi Mags

Love the necklace and your painting on the pots they are lovely.

I have awarded you the Liebster Award for your lovely creations and fantastic blog. Please accept the award and collect it from my blog.

Hugs
Jenny x