Going Green Blog Background

Friday 18 May 2012

first bit of crafting for a while


I have been feeling distinctly below par for past week.  There have been visits to docs, and tests etc.  I am now awaiting results.  I think it is a flare up of my pancreatitis, which is very painful.  In addition my sugar levels have been completely haywire and horrendously high.  I seem to have spent most of the week asleep, apart from getting up to make meals, and if I have been up, I have just been laying on sofa or sitting in a chair reading, between my dozing!  Am hoping that I feel better tomorrow, and can perhaps tackle some very overdue housework!  Forecast is sun - so perhaps I may even sit in the garden and paint fusion or something.

Today I have been in my pjs all day - unknown for me - but I did manage to sit and make this card for a pal's birthday next week.  (just got to find the energy to make the insert this evening).

Apart from some cream cardstock from my stash, and a couple of bits from my jewellery stash, and the little zentangled "J" - all the paper and elements were from the May 2012 Docrafts Goody Bag.  Must admit I fell in love with the colour combos when I first saw them.

I created the beads from some strips of the top paper and hung them from one of the brads that came with the kit.  (Looking at the photo - looks if I need to do a little adjustment to the left-hand bead! oops - at least there is an advantage to taking a picture before the card is posted!).

Shame there weren't two of those half circle elements in the kit - could have used the matching second one on the envelope!

Mags

No comments: