Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 14 July 2012

christening card and more cakes!

Christening Card

This is the card I made for my youngest granddaughter's Christening.  Pearlised cardstock with an image coloured with promarkers from Justinklined - The Next Big Thing.    I kept with the colour scheme of the Christening Cake, and used some of the leftover lace and ribbon from the cake.   As you will see I also managed to incorporate the little beaded cross that I created the other day.  I was so pleased to discover the lovely little gold brad in my stash.  (It must have been from a goody bag!)


close up of main image

close up of ribbons and memory box die

showing the beaded cross in situ

I also had to make a sponge cake in a hurry.  My daughter in law was going to buy a ready iced plain one from M&S for me to put some flowers on, but discovered that they don't stock them on the shelves now - you have to order them and they take a week! 


sponge cake

I also made a few cupcakes, which like the sponge cake are dairy free.  You will also see that I used those broken petals from when I made the roses for the Royal-iced Cake!   (Waste not, want not!)

cup cakes with hand made sugar petals

Thanks for popping by.

Mags

No comments: