Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 12 August 2012

Busy Week and a Quick Card

It has been a busy week here.  My pal Sassie came to stay.  She came up with a mutual friend Donna, who had been staying with her.  We met up at Notcutts Garden Centre, and I paid the ransome for Donna to hand her over to me.  We spent a pleasant hour or so at the Garden Centre, buying the shop in our minds! and finished with a cuppa and a slice of cake.

On Saturday, Sassie and went to the Craft Barn and met up with another Sheenie Pal Christine for a Coffee and a browse around the shop and watching some demos. (more of that later).

On Monday we were joined by Sassie's husband and her stepdaughter.  (They had had a sleepover on Sunday on their way up to drop Ian's son off at Donna's as her son and Ian's son are great pals).

Ian has spent a lot of the week relaying my patio and rebuilding my patio wall.  It is 99% complete now - although Ian says it is 100% complete - as that is stage 1.  Stage 2 will be completed on his next visit!

We didn't make him work ALL the time - we did have a few trips out to the Park in the town, and some retail therapy; A trip to Brighton on the Volks Railway and the Pier; lunch out at our favourite tearooms, which also has a stream running through it and farm animals for the children to feed.  Unfortunately after we had lunch in glorious sunshine we ventured toward Worthing, and discovered the coast submerged in sea mist!  We did manage a walk around Brooklands Park, and a trip on the little Diddy train, but it was a bit to cold for the paddling pool!   We had hoped to get to Littlehampton on Friday, but Ian still had a lot of do to finish Stage 1 - so Sassie, Beth and I christened my new summerhouse, with me teaching Beth to Paint Fusion.  (oh yes forgot in the midst of all the chaos I had a new summerhouse delivered and erected by my tame local builders!)

The visitors departed on Saturday, after a quick visit from my daughter and eldest daughter who had been on holiday in Cornwall, so that the girls could catch up as the last time they saw each other was when they were Sassie and Ian's bridesmaids a couple of years ago!  As it was Beth's birthday today, she celebrated yesterday as well, and we all had birthday cake in the morning before they left!


And lastly, here is the quick card I made for Beth.  As we had to wait until she was in bed, it was a case of a quick raid of the stash for Sass and I to make her cards. 



thanks for popping by.  Tomorrow will share what I taught Beth to paint.

1 comment:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Mags this is beautiful I love that cute image the soft colours and wonderful embellishments a super card.
hugs
Lorraine x