Going Green Blog Background

Sunday, 9 September 2012

Altered art

This first item is a little box that I played with.  The top was done using a spodge mask and texturing medium.  I then used my new petal stamps from Clarity to crete the petals on the top and the design around the side.  Need a bit more practise with the stamps, or was it just due to fact I didn't have my new glasses!

another view

Napkin rings
Over the past few days I have also been altering some old wooden napkin rings that I had in the draw for many years.

and finally another attempt at using the spodge mask, and some paint fusion roses.   I am not happy with this attempt - the mask was a bit hit and miss, and the roses aren't as vibrant as I would have liked and I should have had 3 large roses.  I shall probably get the black paint out and start again!
Still it wasn't a bad attempt as I was still without my replacement glasses!  At least I am brave enough to show my rubbish attempt!

No comments: