At last our replacement for our missing order of yarn has arrived, and I was able to make this red ruffle scarf over the weekend. It is not a long one as my Daughter in law, who will be the recipient, didn't want a long one, so I only used half a ball of yarn.
|Random dye red ruffle scarf|
I also had a play over the weekend with some needle felting. The leaves were completely "free form*, but I tried an experiment with the flower, by drawing a vague shape on a piece of red felt, and then attaching the wool to that. I then cut into the shape slightly to make the petals. I am probably going to add a brooch back to it.
|needle- felted flower|
Finally, last night I made this scarf, again using half a ball of yarn. The yarn has knitted (or should that be crocheted) up quite differently to the red one, and is quite a bit shorter. This could be because when I weighed the ball there was't quite 100 gms in it! I also had the problem of a join the yarn - or should I say a tied knot join - however, it fell in just the right place and I was able to carry on with the pattern! I wasn't looking forward to having to cut the yarn and join it as being random yarn it would have meant cutting quite a section out to get the colours to match up! Fortunately this one is for me and I am happy with the short length.
|Shades of brown and cream|
I can't remember if I showed a picture of my original scarf, but am showing it again, so that you can see the difference between the various yarns. This was made from a 150g ball and I got this long one and then a very slightly shorter one out of one ball !