Going Green Blog Background

Saturday, 10 August 2013

Experimenting in the Den

I managed to get up in the Den on Thursday and have a play.  I had managed to get some more Cloud Clay and wanted to experiment some more.   This time I used Black Cloud Clay.
The first piece was a tiny easel with a canvas, that I purchased at the works.  I painted the canvas, with some pale green paints.  I rolled out the Cloud Clay and stamped into it with some of Sheena's stamps, and then cut around the edges of the flowers and leaves.  They were then painted with a random mix of metallic green and blue acrylics to give the teal finish, and mounted on the canvas.

Mini Canvas
The next experiment was using the Black Cloud Clay again, but modelling roses, and using a cutter for the leaves.  Even though I used the black clay, I did still paint them with black acrylic.  The canvas had Pebeo modelling paste spread across it and was stippled with a palette knife.  When dry it was painted with titanium white acrylic.   (Quite pleased with the texture - perhaps I could get a job doing artex! )

A5 Canvas
Finally, I fixed the flower spray to the canvas and gave it a spray of Crafter's Companion Spray and Shine.  
I am really pleased with this canvas - in real life it almost looks like wrought iron/metal work.

No comments: