Today I decided to play with my new Sheena Douglass "A Little Bit Oriental" stamps, and I must add here that I do not profess to be a "stamper, and am not that good with composition.
The background was created using my distress markers, big and juicy "mountain meadow" ink pad, and my ink duster. I put the bottom of the card through Sheena's Water Ripple embossing folder.
I then stamped the bridge and the trees. The bridge was initially painted with water colours and the trees sponged with distress inks.
I then stamped the water lily pads and the water lilies with stazon onto the acetate (a first for me), and coloured them with primary elements and then back painted with white titanium acrylic. I then decided to use some of the primary elements on the bridge, and also sponge the trees with the same medium.
It is by not brilliant by any means, but for a first effort I am quite pleased with it!
If I don't get time to make him one, this may be my husband's anniversary card next week!