Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 26 September 2013

Plant Pot Makeover!


 
 
I have been meaning to give the tatty green plastic plant holder in my bathroom a make-over for ages, and as I took it down to dust it today - I decided today was the day!
 
The pot was painted with Pebeo modelling paste mixed with Bindex and Hot Cinnamon and Snapdragon Luminarte Primary Elements in a random fashion.
 
When dry I stamped on the water lily and the koi (Sheena Douglass a little bit oriental stamps) with white Stazon to give me an outline to work on.  I then used titanium white acrylic on the images, and when dry over-stamped again with black stazon.  I then painted the images with various Primary Elements mixed with the glaze medium that comes with them.  Being translucent, the black stazon outlines still showed through.  I was quite pleased with the koi, as I finished them off with primary elements on a "stencil" brush, and it really made the fish come to life!  Of course I then had to use the same technique for the shading on the lily!
 
Finally I applied a coat of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine.
 
It looks fab in situ, and now can't wait for the pink flowers to bloom on the cactus!
 
close up

No comments: