Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Button Box



I managed to get up in the Den today.  Weather wasn't quite as nice as yesterday, but managed to apply the gesso in the sunshine this morning and then add the paint effects this afternoon (although had to keep coming indoors to use the heat gun to speed up the drying process!).
 
This Button Box is for my daughter-in-law and she wanted cream and gold; and having seen my box she wanted a crackle effect.  The faux crackle on my box was done with stazon, but I didn't have a gold inkpad.  So this was done with acrylic gold and bronze, using two of Andy Skinner's crackle effect stamps.   Not so much a "crackle" finish, more an "antique" finish, and personally I rather like the effect.  (Thankfully she seems to like it too, although she hasn't seen it in the "flesh", which is actually slightly lighter than the picture.)
 
The edges had gold and old gold (more bronze really) gilding wax applied to them.  The top of the box lent itself to the look of a button, so I applied bronze acrylic with the rubber end of a pencil for button holes, and then applied some liquid pearls, and when dry a touch of the old gold gilding wax.  Finally it had a coat of CC Spray and Shine.

1 comment:

PixieHouse Creations said...

Oooohhhh I love your Button box Mags hope your daughter in law likes it! - Im sure she will
Hope all is well with you?

Wendy