Going Green Blog Background

Friday 29 November 2013

Tiny Topsy Fairy

Topsy - first end
 
Those of you that know me will know that I don't DO knitting!  It is not that I can't knit, I just don't enjoy it that much and it makes my arm ache and my hand cramp.  (Not the hand that is doing all the work, but the left hand which is doing nothing!)  However, I did enjoy making this little doll.
 
She is a little double ended Topsy-Turvy doll, and is only about 5 inches tall.  I have made her for my youngest granddaughter for Christmas, with oddments of wool in my stash.

Topsy - Fairy End.
 
She should theoretically have a feather duster in one hand in the first picture and a fairy wand in the second picture.  However, I decided that I would omit them, as I could see our 18 month old, getting them caught on her clothes as she changed from one end to the other, or pulling them off.  I have even put a little stitch in her ribbons, in the hope that they won't fall off and be lost!
 
If you would like to try making her yourself here is the link to the blog where I found it.   http://flutterbypatch.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/tiny-topsy-tooth-fairy.html

No comments: