Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 19 January 2014

Cyberspace is a wonderful thing!

My husband who is not an FB addict like me, had got a bit jealous of me, I think, showing him photos of the flooding around the area, decided he would have a little trawl of our local news pages and in the process came across a reunion page of a coffee house that used to exist in town.   He came across a couple of names that he thought seemed familiar the first being a possible sister of his best man at our wedding, and said she was friends with another lady who he thought might be our best man's wife.  (our best man died in 1980). Well a little investigation by me on my genealogy site and I confirmed that yes the first person was a sister, and b) second person was his wife, who had since remarried!


Well I took the bull by the horns so to speak, and posted a message!   Resulting in us chatting and sharing some photos yesterday evening, and me finding our wedding photos and scanning them all this morning.  This was a bit of a feat.  I thought we had a proper album somewhere, but couldn't find it although I did find my mum's album.

We had all the proof photos - which as they are over 40 years old had gone a rather faded sepia colour as they weren't "fixed".   We had a brilliant photographer that day - who by the time we had the evening reception had printed all the photos he had taken that afternoon in proof format and displayed them all for us. So I have been busy today scanning them all and attempting to rejuvenate them!

So here are a couple of my photos:  

Best man and my hubby (on right)
(retouched from proof photo)


group photo (I made bridesmaids dresses and my wedding dress)

and this is the photo his sister shared
absolutely love this photo

So all in all an exciting weekend.



No comments: