Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 19 March 2014

"Touchy-Feely" Card


It is the birthday of one of my aunts this week, and as she is almost completely blind, I try to create "touchy-feely" cards for her.

This one is created from one of Sheena's embossing folders, used on dark pink card (believe it or not), which was then treated with Renaissance Gold and Silver Gilding Waxes.  (I will confess here that I could only find my Renaissance Gold wax to start with, but I really didn't like the effect, so eventually I found my original choice of silver and went over it again - and really like the effect).  

I then made a flower from the "leaf" ribbon that I bought recently from Ribbonbox, and rubbed a little silver gilding wax on the edges of that, as well as over the heart ribbon (also from Ribbonbox).  The Butterfly is a Memory Box die, cut from the same pearlised card as the main card, with the centre rubbed over with the silver gilding wax.

The name was some black foam letters that I had in my stash, which I coloured with a red gold promarker and then glazed with glossy accents.

I created the insert with CAP2, using a butterfly from the Digiboss cd, and creating my own embossed Iris from an outline image from another kit.  (obviously the insert is not touchy-feely!)



Thanks for popping by.

No comments: