I have been experimenting today as I need to make 3 cakes for a family celebration in July. Two will be fruit cakes, but for the third I thought perhaps we would have a sponge. So having learned how to do ruffle roses last month, i thought I would knock up a quick sponge and have a play/practise. Not bad for a first attempt, if I say so myself, albeit I used the wrong nozzle. It took an awful lot of buttercream, and I had to make up a second batch to finish it!
A little later when the icing had "crusted off" slightly, I decided to play with my airbrush - pretty pleased with that result too for a first attempt.
|airbrushed with red.|