Going Green Blog Background

Monday 15 June 2015

My first Parchment piece

I have always wanted to do parchment work, ever since I saw a Pergamano demonstration at the Craft Barn, well over 20 years ago when it was very new to this country.  Well I was fortunate to attend one of The Clarity Stamp open days on Saturday, along with my daughter Dawn.

Needless to say the new Groovi board by Barbara Gray fell into my basket ......


My first attempt at Parchment

..... plus a complete set of Spectrum Noir pencils (and a whole lot of other things that no doubt you will discover of the coming weeks as I play with them).  Anyway I sat down in Sat evening and created my first piece of parchment and coloured it with the new pencils.

It is by no means perfect but for a couple of hours play, not too bad.  Need to practise my short long strokes for filling in - the butterfly's body doesn't look to brilliant!

So it is onwards and upwards as they say!    (I should add here that I have tried parching before and failed miserably, apart from running it through the cuttlebug in an embossing folder!)

Here is another shot - as was a bit difficult to catch the complete effect:



Thanks for popping by.

No comments: