Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 28 November 2015

Purple and Green Necklace


I sat quietly this afternoon watching Christmas films on the tv, but I knew if I sat in the armchair I would fall asleep.  Having had a few sleepless nights recently I didn't want to nap in the afternoon, so I occupied my time making a necklace.  I haven't done any jewellery making for ages.  It does tend to be something I do on days I can't get out in the garden.

I had a present of some beads in a secret santa last year.  They wouldn't normally be my chosen colour, and I needed some gold findings to match the beads, so I raided my stash and found chain, findings and a clasp.and a few extra beads that matched in with the string of assorted beads.

I am quite pleased with the way it turned out.  I threaded the beads on eye pins, and then joined the eye pins with "w" clips to give it some movement and added some chain (which you can't see) and  a magnet clasp.

The colours are more jade than the blue shown in the picture, or perhaps I should say more a "greener" shade of  turquoise.

No comments: