Going Green Blog Background

Friday, 15 April 2016


After a week of catastrophes - a flooded kitchen and flooded carpets (don't go there!) and the ensuing clear up and drying out, together with some much needed catch up on some gardening, I found time today to catch up with a project I started a couple of weeks ago.

For ages I had meant to replace the roses in a rather pretty vase I have bought at the glass factory on the Isle of Wight some years ago.   The roses were made with Hearty Soft clay in white and then airbrushed.  The leaves and calyx had a little green cake decorating colour added to the clay, and then they too were airbrushed.  I didn't use any cutters for the rose -  the petals were just modeled by hand. However, I used a cutter for the calyx and for the leaves

Really pleased with the results.   

I made the original yellow roses from cold porcelain probably back in the early 90s when I went on a course with my father.   I never really liked the yellow roses, so am pleased that I have last given the "vase" a make-over.

before - the old roses

No comments: