Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Playing in the Den with the grandchildren

Well what a beautiful day it was on Sunday, the best day of the year so far, after what seems like weeks of rain and cold weather.

My son , his girls, and his girlfriend came over for lunch in the garden.   The youngest granddaughter has a party to go to, so her sisters asked if they could do some crafting in the Den.   The first time we have been able to do this this year!

I thought I would share their efforts:   (There is always some sort of stash in my Den for them!)

One painted a mask in Pebeo iridescent gold, and raided my stash of silk flowers to decorate it.  We then applied some Mixtion relief paste in dots above the eye holes, and applied mirror leaves to them when dry.


7 year old's mask


Her sister decided to paint a little wooden horse that I had bought - this is still work in progress as we ran out of time.   Painted with various Pebeo Iridescent paints, and some Mixtion applied once again with mirror leaves, and some googly eyes from my stash.    Next time she visits she is going to paint some "paint fusion" flowers on the blue seat.

10 year old's rocking horse (work in progress)

When they had gone home, I decided to have a little play too.   My Paverpol fairy was looking a bit tired, from where it was in the garden for the past two years (crikey did I really make it two years ago - where has the time gone!).  So, as all the Pebeo iridescent paints were strewn across the table,  the decision was made!

Here she is in her new colours:  (I actually smeared some Mixtion on part of her dress, but I haven't applied anything to it yet as awaiting a deliver of gold effect leaves)

Fairy on shoe last - 2016 Makeover

and here she is when first painted two years ago:

Autumn Fairy on a Shoe Last 2014

I hope you approve of her makeover!




No comments: