Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 23 June 2016

Retro Rustic Wedding Card


Card front

It's my Great Niece's wedding shortly, and I made this card for her.   I like to personalise a card as much as I can,   Her invites were quite rustic and involved a camper van, which I gather will feature at some point in the wedding.  I haven't put anything about "wedding" on the front of the card, as I have made it an 8 x 8 and am going to get a deep frame to go with it so that it can be put on the wall as a picture, should they so wish.  I also made a box for the card.

The background was created in Craft Artist.  I then placed a Clarity stencil over the top and brushed various distress inks over it in shades of green and blue.  It was then mounted on craft card  (her wedding invites were craft card). I then used a Spectrum Noir Overlay sparkle pen across the image.

I used distress inks in shade of brown to tone down the heart, and added some bought butterflies.   The card stock is a pearlised one.

The insert was created in Craft Artist and printed on Conqueror Effects paper in metallic champagne.

Insert
I then made a matching box from the pearlised paper with an acetate window, finished off with another butterfly, and some garden twine (to reflect the twine on her invites).  Thank goodness for my Hougie Board!

Card in presentation box

Just need to get a picture frame now to go with the card.   Hope she likes it.


No comments: