Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Granddaughters mixed media



I thought I would share some work by my 4 yr old and 7 yr old granddaughters  that they did when visiting last week.   The 10 year old also did a nice piece, but I didn't get to take a photo of that!

The heart and the angel were done by the 4 year old and the owl by the 7 year old.

I love the heart she painted Dyna paint over it in random sections, and then I showed her how to apply masking tape, and colour the gaps with Pebeo Silver marker pen.  She loved the effect  when we took off the tape.  I then suggested that she used a thinner silver marker pen to outline the colours and do some patterns with the same pen.

She then painted her angel and decorated her with the silver marker pen and drew on a face using micron pens.  I think she is going to be a mixed media queen!

The 7 year old's owl looks better in real life - the photo doesn't do it justice, but it was a mad panic to take photos before the went home.   She only achieve the painting of the owl as this required waiting for it to dry between doing the front and the back! (and it was gesso'd in black first!)

No comments: