Going Green Blog Background

Friday 2 September 2016

Glass Doodahs (Sun Katchers)

Yup I don't know what they are really called, but feel free to call them what you want.   The website calls them Sun Katchers. 




Yesterday I decided it was about time I played with the glass kits I bought at Sandown in July from   http://glassgardenstudio.webs.com/  It was a lovely sunny day so I decided to sit out on the patio with the soldering iron and set to work.   It's years and years since I did any soldering in earnest.

The heart with the mirror was slightly easier to put together - needless to say I started with the more difficult one with the glass nugget in the centre.

Anyway I am quite pleased with my first efforts, and I think my husband and father would have been pleased to see my results - not a dry joint in sight!

Today I had planned to get some gardening out of the way, and make the other two.  Of course best laid plans - it started to rain as I finished pruning and before I mowed the lawns - typical - which also meant no sitting on the Patio and playing.   I was very naughty and did the soldering on the dining table!  (shhh don't tell anyone - but the table was well protected, and I was working on my special heat proof mat.)

The triangular one was a bit interesting to do too!


I shall send for some more kits - but think I will opt for the ones with mirrors in the centre next time!  - lol!

I wish Bath wasn't so far away would love to do dome of Glass Garden Studio's workshops.

No comments: