Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Freestanding Fairy

 I managed to have a little play with one of my fairies today - she didn't turn out quite how I wanted.

She was painted with Pebeo paints, and then I made a skirt for her with one of Leonie Pujol's flower dies.  Made from water colour paper and painted with Pebeo irridescent paint.   For her wings I cut out some leaves from copy paper using the leaves from Sheena Douglass's anemone die set. .   These I coloured randomly with various of the iridescent paints.  I then applied a few stickles for decoration.

I think I should have drawn in the other side of the top of her dress, so that albeit her arm is supposed to be obscured by her wings, the wing would appear to be more behind her shoulder.   (Very difficult to work out where the division should be with no guide lines marked on the blank fairy.

I may attempt to cut out a bodice for her dress and stick it over the top to make more definition to the bodice.  (On the other hand as I made this for my youngest granddaughters I am sure  they won't even notice and will love it as it is.)

No comments: