Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 8 October 2016

Proud of my Superheroes

Something a bit different for my blog today and non craft.

Today was the last of "firsts" that the family have had to deal with following the sudden death of my husband a year ago today.   My daughter decided she would mark the day by abseiling 100 ft down the wall of a hotel in Crawley, together with my eldest grandaughter, raising money at the same time for the local hospice.

My son, my other three granddaughters and I went along to watch.   After the event we all went out for lunch, and a family meal is planned tonight.  A Chinese meal as that was my husband's favourite and what he had planned to celebrate our wedding anniversary last year, but never made it.

A lovely family day to remember the man I miss so much.



My daughter on the left, and eldest granddaughter on the right




and finally my daughter's favourite photo of her Dad, being his usual funny self wearing his version of "bifocals" !



No comments: