Going Green Blog Background

Monday 19 December 2016

Fairy Houses and a Paint Pot



 I have been playing with the powertex again this week.


Paint pot from a mint sauce jar

I have made the paint pot as part of a load of craft stuff for my youngest granddaughters.  The love crafting, and I thought I would buy them some painting and colour stash to keep at the Dad's house.
This was an experiment with a bit of velvety material I had in my stash.  I used the clear Paverpol for this with some added bister to it.  I added a bit of lace and a wooden butterfly.  As with the rest of the items, I used Indigoblu luscious pigment powders for the painting.

 Having finished the paint pot, as I had everything out, I thought I would make a couple more fairy houses.
This started as a brown sauce bottle

I was a bit cross with myself with this second one.   I forgot to leave a bit of the jar showing for a window, so that I could put a tealight in it!  duh!
This one started out as a Branston pickle jar




No comments: