Going Green Blog Background

Monday 13 February 2017

Birthday Card



This was the second attempt at a card for my granddaughter.  I am afraid that the first attempt which was quite different to this - an experiment with Brushos that went very wrong - went in the bin.  Not often that happens, but I just couldn't rescue it!

So I decided on a completely different project.  I had been watching the programmes on tv today using IndigoBlu Luscious powders, so decided to do the background with those.   I used a random wash of blues, purples, golds and silver.   When dry I used a stencil from Sheena Douglas with Flitter glue  (another inspiration from watching the shows today!).

It's the the first time I have used Flitter glue through a stencil, and in fact although I have had them for many years, I haven't used my gilding flakes that much, apart from adding them as a finishing touch to some painting products.   So I am hoping that the result doesn't look too bad.

I confess I did have a little problem stamping the name, as I picked up the wrong Stazon, which was beginning to run out - so I had to re-stamp it, and although I was using the clear stamps from Barbara Gray, these old eyes had a little trouble lining the stamps up again!   Hey ho - as my Dad would say: A blind man would be pleased to see it!

The numbers were peel offs, which I coloured with Pebeo Black Marker.  To do this I put them on my non-stick sheet to colour them.  (Tip to remove the excess marker from the sheet I used Stick Away followed by alcohol hand gel - voila - removed!)

I then mounted the topper on black card, and finally on a silver pearlised card.

Hope she likes it

No comments: