Having applied a coat of Powertex thinly to the house, I then added some texture to the roof with some cotton swabs dipped in Powertex, that I had to use when my husband was alive for washing his legs. Needless to say the rest of the packet is now in my craft stash! I wasn't sure how I wanted to progress so I sprayed a bit of Bister on whilst still wet
I then found some stencils - a brick one from Clarity Stamps, and a random sort of cracks one which I believe was from SplodgeAway (but I don't think they are in business anymore).
The brick was created using the new Pebeo fine sand paste, and the random cracks with the concrete texture gel. I didn't bother with a palette knife of scraper - I just used my fingers
|oops the bister leaked over the edge of the roof - not to worry - I got rid of that.|
I also dipped some cotton lace into powertex and used this to edge the front gable edges of the roof
Right I am going to keep you in suspense ........ I will show the finished house tomorrow! Watch this space.