Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 4 May 2017

A Giraffe and some experimenting




I had a play day yesterday.   I have had this little MDF giraffe for a while (one of the family is into giraffes).  I have some new mini stencils, and a couple of them were perfect for the giraffe.

I treated the MDF with a thin coat of white gesso and then got out my pebeo paints. the "background" was painted with Pebeo créme and then I sponged various shades of browns from my Pebeo acrylics though the stencils, and sponged a little more onto the legs.   The eye detail was created with a black micron pen.  I am pleased with the result.

My second play was an experiment with some Pebeo sand texture through some of the stencils onto card which had been treated with black gesso. I then applied various shade of Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Kiss.

The effects look better in real life, but I think the Glitter Kiss would be more effective applied to an embossed detail, as it didn't seem to want to adhere that well to the sand texture.   However, you have to experiment to know what works and what doesn't!





No comments: