Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 13 May 2017

Birthday Card


You all know I hate men's cards, and I just didn't know what to do for my son's card.  I know he isn't really into steam punk, but I love it, so I am hoping he likes it.   At least it is masculine!

I used the Time Traveller dies from Sheena Douglass, and his name was from Leonie Pujol's alphabet dies.  Not sure whose dies the hash tag and numbers were from, as I seem to have file them without the packaging - oops!

Apart from the hourglass, he elements were all cut from black card.   I used sparkle pens on the balloon, but didn't like the effect so went over it again with Glitter Kiss, and then highlighted the embossing with Pebeo Gilding Wax.   The clock, propeller, fob and numbers just had gold and silver gilding wax applied.  The hour glass was cut from white card, and painted, and the compass insert was stamped on white card, and had distress inks applied.   The hourglass and the compass had glossy accents applied to give the appearance of glass.  The card was cream pearlescent card.

It was difficult to work out how to place the name, so I just stuck them down in a random fashion.

No comments: